Wednesday, May 12, 2010

11 Months


I am late with this post because I don't want to admit that my baby is 11 months old now and in less than 30 days he will be 1 year old. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday and it is simply unbelievable that 11 months has past since that scary but best day in the world. Nathaniel is doing great and continuing to develop at a steady pace. He can sit up on his own for more than 10 minutes now. Infants and Toddlers come every 2 weeks to work with him on crawling skills and I continue this work in between their visits. I don't think it will be too much longer before he is doing it on his own. He is eating a combination of baby food and real food and most of the time perfers what is on my plate to the stuff that comes in the jar. He is also feeding himself things like small pieces of bread, puffs, green beans and cheese. He weighs about 19lbs and is getting heavy for me to carry for very long. Nathaniel has 4 teeth - 2 bottom and 2 top. His smile is contagious and his laugh melts my heart. As far as I can tell right now his personality is a mix of Chad and I. He knows his name and who mommy, daddy, Eve and Aries are and will usually look at the correct person/puppy. Daddy is his favorite and he wants him to play games when he is home. Although he says "mama" more than "dada." I love Nathaniel more than life itself but think that I am going to wake up tomorrow only to be celebrating college graduation and that makes me sad and terrified.


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a handsome guy and growing up...it does go fast! Love his shirt...Owen has the same one.

Unknown said...

Oh, he is so cute!! He is doing fabulous!! I here you on them growing up so fast. Lawson will be 5 at the end of this month!! How did that happen?

Allison said...

Jill, He is such a cutie! Time only flies by faster and faster with each month. I can't believe Olivia is 18 months old! I am enjoying every minute!