Nathaniel's six month check-up was on Friday and here are his stats:
Weight: 14lbs 1.5oz
Height: 24 1/2 inches
Head: 16 3/4 inches
Everything with the appointment went fine but I won't schedule his check-ups on Friday afternoons anymore. The office was really busy. Nathaniel had to get 5 shots. I know poor baby! They wanted to give him the flu shot and H1N1 since he is now old enough to have them in addition to the regular 6 month shots. We also had to meet with a new doctor. Prior to last week there were only 2 pediatricians in this practice both of whom I have met and like. They have also both read Nathaniel's chart and are fully aware of his development. Well on Friday we discovered a third doctor has been hired. She is very nice but has an accent I can't understand and had not familarized herself with Nathaniel's chart before walking in the room. This really pissed me off. I had questions and things I wanted to discuss and she wanted info on his NICU stay. READ the chart! I don't remember exactly how many days he was on oxygen or the exact amount of extra nutrition he was receiving through the iv but the report from Hopkins in the file you are holding has all of that info in it. Needless to say I was irritated and didn't feel it was my job to fill her in on the last 6 months since he is not a new patient. I was only prepared to update on the last 2 months. I will request one of the other 2 doctors next time. Aside from all the extra drama Nathaniel was a trooper and only fussed for a few minutes when the nurse was giving the shots.
2 comments:
Sorry about the new doctor. Nathaniel and Anderson are about the same size.
READ THE CHART WOMAN!! Yep, going to the doctors is always an adventure!!
Post a Comment