Thursday, January 15, 2009

A New Year

I know I am a slacker when it comes to updating the blog. With that said, here goes a recap of our Christmas and New Years. Chad's parents came up the weekend before Christmas to celebrate with us. We really enjoyed seeing and spending some time with them. It was a quick trip so we spent most of our time at the house just hanging out and eating. My parents traveled up on Christmas eve. Jason and his girlfriend, Kelly, came over Christmas day. We spent Christmas together opening gifts and watching movies. I successfully cooked my first real Christmas dinner, turkey and all the fixings. Yay for me! My parents were able to stay for a few days so we managed to see the Marley and Me movie that I had been waiting to see ever since I read the book a few years ago. I highly recommend seeing this movie. Yes it is sad but an overall great movie if you are a dog lover like me. :)
I think I mentioned in an earlier post that instead of gifts this year Chad and I had agreed to making home improvements. Well we started with a new microwave that my dad and Chad installed over the stove in our kitchen. We had been without a microwave for a few months because the one we had on the counter broke and I refused to buy a new one until we could get one put in above the stove. It looks great and I am so happy to finally have a microwave again. More home improvements to come, I'll keep you updated.
We had a very low key New Years. I was not feeling so well and normally we travel so much over Christmas that we have no energy left when New Years arrives. We didn't have to travel this year but still had no desire to go out in all the mess so we opted for a nice evening at home.
So now it is 2009 and we are back into the swing of things. My work is getting more and more busy and Aries and I have a couple of agility trials coming up. So that's about it for us . Hope everyone is off to a great 2009!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good job on cooking the turkey and trimmings! Glad to hear you guys had a good one.

Maridith said...

I was missing you girl!! So glad you had a wonderful Christmas & your home improvements are going well. We want to see pictures!! Happy New Year!!