Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where did the time go?

Time.....When I was young I remember thinking how time just seemed to stand still. It took forever to reach that next birthday, Christmas, summer vacation, high school graduation, and college graduation. What happen to those days? It feels like just yesterday I was anxiously awaiting my 16th birthday and now I am almost 30. College, while in it, didn't seem to pass so quickly but what happened to the last 8 years since graduation. If I stop and think about it, a lot has happened....job changes, marriage, moves, etc, but why did all of that seem to fly by?
I find myself thinking about time a lot more now; not necessarily looking ahead but wondering what changes in our lives that makes time seem to move so much faster than it ever did before. Do we just get busy after college and next thing we know we are all turning 30? So maybe the fact that I am turning 30 this year has made me realize that it really wasn't yesterday (August 1996) that I moved into the dorms at Meredith College to begin what seemed like at the time 4 long years of college (weren't those great years). I am not unhappy with turning 30, hey we can't stop it from coming so we should embrace it, but I can't believe it has been 8 years since college graduation and I can remember it like it was yesterday. On the other hand I can't tell you what I did last week or yesterday for that matter.
I must admit I am a blog stalker.....yes I read peoples blogs that I know and some of those that I don't know but find their lives interesting. I have through blogger friends found many former Meredith girls. I have really enjoyed catching up on all of your lives :) So what you may ask does that have to do with my thoughts on time. Well, I can't believe it has been 8 years since I have seen some of you. You all have adorable kids and families. Where did the time go?????

3 comments:

Maridith said...

Oh Jill I ask myself that same question all of the time. Like you I have embraced the fact that I am 30. I remember older people telling me to slow down-don't grow up so fast-these days will fly by. I thought they were all crazy. Now I know what they mean!! Love your post!! You nailed it right on the nose. Have a nice Holiday. It is wonderful that some of us MC girls are able to stay in tuned to what is going on in each others lives! Maridith

Michelle M. said...

Jill - let's not talk about "30" anymore!! Where DID the time go? Weren't we just roomates last week?? I miss those fun days. Love ya! Michelle

CharGrill said...

Jill,
I confess...I'm a blogger stalker, too, and I check on you every now and then! I too find it interesting to keep up with Meredith Angels through these blog pages. Enough said about turning 30 - I turn 31 this year!! Yikes! I'm like the oldest I think! And I have some catching up to do....not married yet, no kids of my own yet....the next couple of years could be busy!
Take care - keep writing!
Charlotte Philen