Thursday, October 28, 2010

Car Seat Recomendations

OK experienced mommies I need some advice. Nathaniel still rides rear facing in his infant seat (Graco 32). We are looking at buying the next seat but I am not sure what we should choose. I have researched and researched and now want your opinions. I don't know if we should go with a 3 in 1 convertible seat that transitions to a highback then booster or if we should go with one that goes up to 65 or 70 pounds and can be rear or front facing. Nathaniel still fits in his seat so we are not in a rush but I do want to keep my eyes open and make sure we are prepared and know what to buy when the time is right in a few months. Please leave me your comments on what you may have and like or don't like about all the options out there and thoughts on the different brands. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We have Britax marathons and roundabouts. I like the marathon better than the roundabout as it is a little bigger and easier to adjust...but the roundabout does fit better rear-facing. When we outgrow the marathon, we plan to move to a separate booster. The all-in-ones don't seem to rate as well as separate boosters. http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/09/08/new-booster-seat-ratings-8-car-seats-to-avoid/
Anderson is still rear facing and we plan to keep him that way until 2...there is a lot of research that suggests 1 is too young to turn them around. I would definitely suggest you get one that can be both rear and front facing. Email me if you want more info.

Anonymous said...

We also have the Britax, not sure as to which model..It has been a great seat so far.

Sam and grace.