Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Much New

I don't have anything exciting to share but thought I needed to update the blog, so here I am. We are half way through November and before I know it Christmas will be here. Normally I am done Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving but I don't think that will be possible this year considering I have barely started. As I get older the years seem to go by a lot faster. This really makes getting things done a lot harder! I hate fighting crowds when shopping so I think I may try to get some done this weekend since its the last free weekend I have before Thanksgiving. My sister, Jenny, will be home for Thanksgiving but still on clinics and working over Christmas so I have to at least have her gifts ready before we head to NC to celebrate with the family.

Chad and I have decided not to do Christmas for each other this year and instead we plan to make some major updates in our kitchen and bathroom. Once these project get under way I will have lots of before and after pictures to share. We replaced the cabinet doors (thanks to my Dad) a couple of years ago but plan to put tile down and purchase all new appliances so I am looking forward to getting these projects started after the 1st of the year. With my Dad being retired now he will be able to come help. He is pretty much the best handy man I know (he built the log home I grew up in) and really cheap labor so we are very lucky.

Well that's all I have for now. More updates later....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I hate shopping with crowds too...thank goodness for the internet because I'm never done before the crowds get out.

Maridith said...

Can't wait to see the before and after pictures of your home improvements! That is wonderful you have your dad to help you. I like you hate holiday crowds- good luck shopping! Hope you are doing well.